Are you a sports fan? Join us and build awesome sports apps and fantasy sports games.
As our backend developer, you’re responsible for our server-side applications using PHP and/or NodeJS. We’re embracing the lean methodology which means we want to quickly iterate product development to validate our assumptions. Working at a growing start-up requires you to be creative and pragmatic as requirements might change fast. You need to communicate quickly and be well organised.
- Master degree in software engineering or informatics;
- Proven experience (min. 3 years) in backend development with PHP and/or NodeJS (Express, Sails or LoopBack);
- Good understanding of REST APIs, GraphQL is a plus;
- Good understanding of SQL and experience with writing complex (My)SQL queries;
- Experience with version control: git;
- Good understanding of Debian/Ubuntu server administration;
- Familiar with CLI tools for developing and deploying server-side applications;
- Experience with job queues;
- Familiar with TDD and/or DDD (domain driven design);
- English speaking;
- Ability to communicate clearly and quickly and report daily;
- Pro-active, serious and hard-working mindset;
- Punctual in estimates, deliverables and appointments.
We’re a Romanian/Belgian/Dutch startup with office in the Timisoara Startup Hub.
Our mission is to improve the digital fan experience and grow fantasy sports in Europe. We love sports and technology, and our company has won several start-up contests, including two accelerators and one hackathon.
Do the job you love and earn a long term digital sports career.