Are you a sports fan? Join us and build awesome sports apps and fantasy sports games.
As our backend developer, you’re responsible for our server-side applications using NodeJS. We’re embracing the lean methodology which means we want to quickly iterate product development to validate our assumptions. Working at a growing start-up requires you to be creative and pragmatic as requirements might change fast. You need to communicate quickly and be well organised.
- Master degree in software engineering or informatics;
- Proven experience (min. 3 years) in backend development with NodeJS (Express, Sails or similar framework);
- Good understanding of REST APIs, GraphQL is a plus;
- Excellent understanding of databases and experience with writing complex (My)SQL queries;
- Experience with version control: git;
- Good understanding of Debian/Ubuntu server administration;
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a big plus;
- Familiar with CLI tools for developing and deploying server-side applications;
- Experience with job queues;
- Understanding of micro-services and DDD (domain driven design);
- English speaking;
- Ability to communicate clearly and quickly and report daily;
- Pro-active, serious and hard-working mindset;
- Punctual in estimates, deliverables and appointments.
We’re a Belgian/Romanian startup with office in the Timisoara and Ghent.
Our mission is to improve the digital fan experience and grow fantasy sports in Europe. We love sports and technology, and our company has won several start-up contests, including two accelerators and one hackathon.
Do the job you love and earn a long term digital sports career.