Constraints are limitations or restrictions that your fantasy sports team needs to adhere to.
Creating the ideal team within the constraints is one of the main sources of fantasy sports joy. It forces you to take hard decisions, kill your darlings and think strategically. It would be extremely boring if you simply can pick all the people you want.
Examples of constraints in fantasy sports
- A virtual budget in a classic or salary cap fantasy game
- A minimum required number of players
- A number of players from the same team
- A number of players with a specific position
- A fixed number of transfers