The partnership of Fan Arena and DPG media continues during the summer with a new edition of Gouden Tour 2019. The fantasy cycling game for the Tour de France is one of the most popular games each year.
We are still reminiscing about the Gouden Giro, which had more than twice the amount of registered teams compared to last year. But just like the cyclists, we have of course been preparing for the next challenge that is the upcoming Tour de France.
The Gouden Tour 2019 game concept remains the same as it did last year. The biggest challenge for fans will be to create a balanced and competitive team. Our experts increased the player values quite a bit so it’s a bit harder to pick your dream team. But from user feedback we concluded they don’t mind that at all, they even regard puzzling as an extra fun game element.
Meanwhile we’ve also begun refreshing the user interface with a new homepage. Other components and views will be updated in the coming weeks.
Check it out at www.goudentour.be !
Gouden Tour in numbers
- We launch with a list of 574 cyclists to choose from, which will be reduced gradually once the official team line-ups are announced
- The most expensive cyclists are Sagan (€34), Thomas (€33) and Alaphilippe (€32)
- Each participating team has a budget of €275
- 17 gameweeks (four weekend gameweeks contain two stages)
- Main prize of €5.000 (and various other prizes: e-bikes, tablets, TVs, etc.)
Gouden Spelen games for 2019
- Gouden Klassiekers: spring classics cycling
- Gouden Giro: Tour of Italy cycling
- Gouden Tour: Tour de France cycling
- Gouden 11: Belgian Pro League football season 2019/20
- Gouden Vuelta: Tour of Spain cycling
- Gouden Cross: cyclocross season 2019/20